• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana consent laws question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

recinstryfe

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I know the legal age of consent in Indiana is 16, my question is does it matter what the age of the other party is? I'm 22 and I need to know if I can get in any trouble for dating a 16 year old.

recinstryfe said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I know the legal age of consent in Indiana is 16, my question is does it matter what the age of the other party is? I'm 22 and I need to know if I can get in any trouble for dating a 16 year old.

My best advice is to wait for this girl to be 18 before you date. You can get in hefty of troubles with her parents if they choose to cause a trouble.

- Tom

recinstryfe

Yeah that's what I figured everyone was going to say. I met this girl at the local ice cream shop, and she looks and acts 19 or 20, so I went back and talked to her a few different times, then I found out that she is actually 16. I know it's not a good idea to go out with her though now that I know her age. Thanks for the reply.

joshemkes14

Just to "cover your ass" I would get consent from her parents in writing. Then, you can't be held liable for anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">