• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indicted but have not been arrested yet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngelMiller

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

An indictment was filed on me on 3/22/16 for Medicaid Fraud >$1500 <$20K. ( State Jail Felony) I received a summons in the mail to appear on 5/30/2016. I went ahead an got a bail bonds man ( on stand by, she will be with me when I go to court) but at this moment a warrant has not been issued and no bond amount. What happens if a warrant is not issued before I go to court? Will they arrest me when I go to court? If they arrest me when i go to court will I still have to see a different magistrate judge? I am at a complete lose and have no idea where to start. I can not afford an attorney so I will be asking for a court appointed but not sure as to what the steps are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

An indictment was filed on me on 3/22/16 for Medicaid Fraud >$1500 <$20K. ( State Jail Felony) I received a summons in the mail to appear on 5/30/2016. I went ahead an got a bail bonds man ( on stand by, she will be with me when I go to court) but at this moment a warrant has not been issued and no bond amount. What happens if a warrant is not issued before I go to court? Will they arrest me when I go to court? If they arrest me when i go to court will I still have to see a different magistrate judge? I am at a complete lose and have no idea where to start. I can not afford an attorney so I will be asking for a court appointed but not sure as to what the steps are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, our crystal ball is out for calibration, and I don't believe that any other member of this forum has ever been in your exact situation.
After your hearing on 5/30/16, please be sure to come back and tell us how it worked out for you :)

FlyingRon

Contrary to what you see on TV shows, it's not necessary to go physically "arrest" someone and Mirandize him and drag him off for fingerprints and mugshots.
Often you'll get photoed and fingerprinted at some early proceeding (or they'll ask you to come in separately to do so).

Typically at an early hearing, the judge will set bond and arrange for the next step. Often if you are well tied to the community, there will be no bond at all (or an unsecured one).
What you need before your subpoena data is a LAWYER. If you are truly indigent, you ask at the first appearance for one. The court will assess to see if you qualify and your case will be continued while the attorney is assigned.

Eekamouse

medicaid fraud? You're ripping us taxpayers off with your crime so pardon me if I hope you find no assistance here. Talk to your lawyer.:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">