• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indirect C.C. Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

user13

What is the name of your state? WA

Recently I purchased 2 digital cameras from an online auction site. The price I purchased them for was unbelievable. The seller requested I send him a Western Union Money Order to him in Romania. He would pay for the MO fee. I received the cameras 2 days later from an online retailer based in the US. There was a packing list with My Name and a billing address I do not recognize located in my city. The cameras were brand new and USA model just as promised. I sold both of them immediately on a different auction site for a small profit. I was very happy to get the deal, so I purchased 2 more from the same person in a new auction.

Before I received my 2nd order, I found out that the first order had been charged to a stolen credit card that just happended to belong to one of the customers of the company I work for. (I purchased the items for personal reasons not company related). The customer called the online retailer and got my name and my shipping address. They recognized my shipping address and called me to notify me of the situation. I was shocked to find out what had happened.

I received the second order a day later, and I do not know if I should send the payment or not. knowing that they too had probably been purchased with a stolen credit card.

In my opinion I am not liable for the fraudulent purchases because I thought I was purchasing them from a ligitimate company. I am worried though that I may be in trouble. Should I send the payment for the second order? Am I liable for the fraudulent purchases. Should I worry about having sold the first 2 items knowing after the fact that they were stolen? Please help!

Regretfully

user13

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">