• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is an infraction for an MIP considered a "criminal conviction"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

orstatebeavers

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

In 2002 I was charged with code section BP25662A, which I believe is an MIP infraction. I also drove with a restricted license for one year. I am currently applying to graduate school and must disclose "any criminal convictions besides minor traffic volations". I don't think (and I hope) this is not a criminal conviction but I don't want the schools to deny me admission because I lied on my application about my criminal convictions. Can anyone tell me if this is a criminal conviction and I must disclose it? It was a traffic violation and I would rather not disclose it if I don't have to. Also, is there any way to check my criminal record to see if this even appears on my record? I believe to was going to be removed after a year or two, but I am not sure. I would appreciate any legal advice you can offer or know.

Thank you,

Joshua

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">