• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury/Damage to Personal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

impressive13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law?) North Carolina

Hello,

I will try to put as much of the situation as I can.

August of last year I was accused of stealing a wallet at a party. No charges were taken out but two months later the kid decided to pull up in my yard and kick holes in every panel and door of my newer model car. I went to the magistrate and charged him with Trespassing and Injury/Damage to personal property. After he was arrested he went and pressed charges on me for Larceny.

Last week, his attorney approached me and let me know the kid was dropping the larceny charge in hopes that if he paid the damages to my car in 90 days that I would drop my charges on him.

My question is in NC, is there a value amount of damage that crosses the line from Misdemeanor to Felony? I think I can get alot more money that just getting my car fixed. I just dont know where to start.

Thank you for any tips.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">