• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Innocent, but no money. What to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PLS

I was off-roading near a golf course when I came upon a golf cart stuck in the mud. I ended up getting stuck next to it. Locked my doors and left to have it towed the next day. The police ended up towing it for me the next day. To get it back the police wanted to talk, and when I did, they accused me of trying to steal it and also driving through the golf course with my truck. I told them that I had nothing to do with golf cart or the tracks on the course, but they didn't believe me. They charged me with 3rd degree criminal tresspassing, 2nd degree criminal tampering, and 2nd degree criminal mischief. I don't have the money to retain a lawyer unless these charges can give me jail time and then I will find a way. I also work during the day, and it is very crucial that I am there. Do I plead guilty or no contest to resolve the situation, and explain to the DA that I'm innocent, but that I don't have the money to retain a lawyer. How do I and can I approach a judge or a district attorney with that type of request?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">