• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

innocent but signed a confession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

morr1321

Georgia

I USED to bartend for Ruby Tuesday's in my hometown. Well we started getting high bar costs i.e. employee theft. I was questioned in a room with my manager and Ruby's head of loss prevention. They said they had quite a bit of evidence on me and could probably be prosicuited if I didn't cooperate. So I said what they wanted me to say, and I signed a confession saying that I had stolen $2,000 dollars of liquor. I thought that signing the paper that I would be free. I haven't been arrested however I have a court dat in 2 weeks so I don't know if I should plead guilty (less punishment) or plead not guilty (defend myself). I later found they had NO proof they only tried to get me to confess. I found I have three angles 1. I signed under duress 2. possibly malious prosicution 3. the confession was taken not under oath. So if i could get a couple of standpoints I would appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">