• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elohr82

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I'm actually wanting to know about a situation occuring in florida. I have an associate of mine who's been on probation since about 2006. He was released from jail around this time. I just found out from his wife that he was violated due to him having left the state of florida 3 years earlier. He received a ticket in GA which is how they found out about his leaving. But again, the thing of it is, is that it was 3 years ago. Can florida legally do this? And is it possible that he will have the case tossed out since he has, to my knowledge been faithful in reporting to his probation officer and has been making whatever payments that he could since he wasn't working.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">