• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International Restraining Orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thellie37

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

hi, this may be the wrong forum, but there doesn't appear to be an international law forum to put it in.

i'm writing on behalf of my friend who has been lied to by someone from another country over a long period of time. they have realised that this may be a bigger problem than just ending the relationship as this person has a history of mental problems. they consistently ring my friend 2-3 times per day, and will not stop until my friend answers. she is worried that once she confronts him, he will step up his unwanted contacting. i have managed to locate a second person, also in another country from his, who has also been mislead over a period of 4 years.

she lives in new jersey, he lives in the UK. is there a legal precedent to take out a restraining order, or something else effective, which will legally block him from contacting her. he has knowledge of all her personal and work phone numbers and addresses, including that of her elderly mother.

please feel free to ask for any information that i can give without compromising their identities, which will help me receive an answer.

thanks for your time and effort

tranquility

Equity acts in personam. Injunctions are a remedy in equity. You need to get an injunction against a person by suing in a court that has the ability to act on the person. This means you need to get a court order from a court in the UK.

thellie37

thanks tranquility for your help. that's exactly what i wanted to know.
seniorjudge... are you one? if so, i hope your decisions in court are less vacuous than your answer here. if it were as simple as changing her number, i wouldn't have wasted my time on here. fool.

seniorjudge

thanks tranquility for your help. that's exactly what i wanted to know.
seniorjudge... are you one? if so, i hope your decisions in court are less vacuous than your answer here. if it were as simple as changing her number, i wouldn't have wasted my time on here. fool.
You asked this question: she lives in new jersey, he lives in the UK. is there a legal precedent to take out a restraining order, or something else effective, which will legally block him from contacting her.

And I answered it.

Change your phone number.

And you are mad.

Strange...very strange.:rolleyes:

Just Blue

You asked this question: she lives in new jersey, he lives in the UK. is there a legal precedent to take out a restraining order, or something else effective, which will legally block him from contacting her.

And I answered it.

Change your phone number.

And you are mad.

Strange...very strange.:rolleyes:
Poor SJ...You just can't win can you????:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">