• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zamin

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

i am the victime of internet fraud. i bought an item over ebay and paid for it through a online service called paypal, that takes the amount directly out of my bank account and puts it into the sellers account. the seller never sent me the item, and has vanished. does not reply to mail, phone has been disconnected. the paypal service wont help, because it is over 30 days. same deal for ebay. the paypal serivice have information about him but wont release it to me without a subpoena. please tell me what to do? how do i get my money back?

HomeGuru

Zamin said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

i am the victime of internet fraud. i bought an item over ebay and paid for it through a online service called paypal, that takes the amount directly out of my bank account and puts it into the sellers account. the seller never sent me the item, and has vanished. does not reply to mail, phone has been disconnected. the paypal service wont help, because it is over 30 days. same deal for ebay. the paypal serivice have information about him but wont release it to me without a subpoena. please tell me what to do? how do i get my money back?
**A: ebay problems require a search on this website.

Z

Zamin

i did do a seach and found lots of information. however, i still have a few questions which i did not find the answer to. i have done everything other victims of ebay fraud have done, filed a complaint with ebay, the ifcc and paypal. however, the ifcc have not done anything about it yet. ebay is processing my complaint and will refund me 175 dollars, in which case i still lose about 450 dollars. and paypal is of no help, since they only offer help for 30 days from payment. the information i got out of ebay is useless, there is no address, only city and state. i cannot find anyone by the name provided in that city and state. the phone number has been disconnected. paypal has information about him, but they refuse to release it to me without a subpoena. how can i issue a subpoena (nevermind the fact that i am broke) if i have practically no real informaiton about the guy? paypal withdrew the money directly from my account (yes i know, stupid move on my part) so i have no way to dispute the charge. please advise me on what i can do about this? anything at alll will be really appreicated. thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">