• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SaberStorm

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

problem: A guy i know online has been theatening me on AIM and has even gone to the point of telling me that i am on his hit list. we have had a bad relationship and i dont know what to do, i blocked him but he keeps popping up under other names. even if i change accounts he still finds ways to harrass me.

i have the copied quotations from our conversations..this is an example and this is what drove me over the edge, im tired of running from him and i want to know what my options are

***him****: If I ever catch you in America **my name**, I will arrest you without a second thought. Just know you are on my hit list now.
*** him**** signed off at Wed Jan 07 10:10:18 2004.

HomeGuru

SaberStorm said:
What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

problem: A guy i know online has been theatening me on AIM and has even gone to the point of telling me that i am on his hit list. we have had a bad relationship and i dont know what to do, i blocked him but he keeps popping up under other names. even if i change accounts he still finds ways to harrass me.

i have the copied quotations from our conversations..this is an example and this is what drove me over the edge, im tired of running from him and i want to know what my options are

***him****: If I ever catch you in America **my name**, I will arrest you without a second thought. Just know you are on my hit list now.
*** him**** signed off at Wed Jan 07 10:10:18 2004.
**A: and why do you continue to communicate with this ASS on AIM?
You do not have to IM him.

S

SaberStorm

i dont!

he logs on under different names and harrasses me, i dont reply to his threats. he logs on sends me messages like the one below and then proceeds to log off again, i have no urge to communicate with him and i just want him to leave me alone

HomeGuru

SaberStorm said:
i dont!

he logs on under different names and harrasses me, i dont reply to his threats. he logs on sends me messages like the one below and then proceeds to log off again, i have no urge to communicate with him and i just want him to leave me alone
**A: put him on ignore. See, I will show you as a demonstration.

S

SaberStorm

*sighs*i have like ten of his name on my ignore list. he just makes new ones and keeps theatening me. i have tried changing my name but he somehow finds it out and keeps going.

H

hexeliebe

And what's wrong with configuring your IM to allow ONLY certain people to know if you're online or not?

geeez man, get with the program.

S

SaberStorm

hmm thanks! *sets*wow i feel dumb for not thinking of that ^^

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">