• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Threat...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Daax

What is the name of your state?

Illinios

I have a question and i'm looking for answers. I'm not sure if this is the right topic for this question, so feel free to move it if it isn't.

My girlfriends ex-boyfriend has begun to threaten my vehicle and has made insinuations on harming my person in an internet blog. These are direct quotes.

"Hmmm...I saw a shi**y little red honda not too long ago...I so wanted to just get out and slit the tires or key it. I wanted his car to look like my arm....but I'm a good little boy"

"HAHAHAHA!!! If you think the biggest thing he has to worry about me is parking his car someone else....then you have no idea what state of mind I'm in right now....hehehe."

"Awwww...worried about your car? How could you tell if anything happened, it's a shi**y little Honda."

"Besides, you've got other things to worry about."

This guy is extremely unbalanced and i believe that he will do these things. He hasn't as of yet sent me anyemails, nor has he posted anything to my nor my girlfriends blog. Do i need to wait for the threats to be sent directly to me? And if something does happen to my car or person, can i use what he posted as evidence (i printed out a copy of what he said).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what this guy will do.

Thank you for your time,

~Daax~

CdwJava

Unless he names you or your car specifically, even if something DOES happen to your car there won't be much that can be done about it. It can certainly give the police somone to look at, but it won't be evidence of the act.

Also, unless the threats are directed specifically at you or your property, chances are it is not a criminal act either. However, each state has a different take on this so you might consider contacting the local police. But, don't be surprised if they tell you that it is not a crime.

- Carl

Daax

::::UPDATE::::

My girlfriend printed out everything that this guy has said so far and went to the police today. They offered to go and arrest him tonight, but she declined. She just wants this to stop. The police instead went to his house and told him if he doesn't stop this, then they will be back to arrest him. The cop then told my girlfriend to call him directly if anything else should happen.

Thanks for the advice,

~Daax~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">