• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intoxication defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mmhubba

How does the intoxication defense work in the state of PA?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Can you be a bit more specific?

As far generally speaking, in criminal cases, intoxication is a defense used to show specific intent could not be formed. i.e lack of capacity to form specific intent to commit first degree murder (pre meditated).

Maybe if we knew exactly the area you are questioning, then perhaps we can help.

M

mmhubba

lawrat said:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Can you be a bit more specific?

As far generally speaking, in criminal cases, intoxication is a defense used to show specific intent could not be formed. i.e lack of capacity to form specific intent to commit first degree murder (pre meditated).

Maybe if we knew exactly the area you are questioning, then perhaps we can help.
How easy or hard is it to use intoxication as a defense?
Doesn't it all come down to the person's state of mind, but when a person is intoxicated, they are not able to reason clearly. It sounds like intoxication would be an easy way to get out of sticky situations. Is it a defense that is used frequently, and to what success?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">