• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Introducing drugs into a prison

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhasty1

What is the name of your state? TN
I went to the prison to see my son and I am now told that I am permenately banned from visitation because I was suspected of smuggling in drugs, but I was not the person who was arrested. What happens now? What will the law do? What do I do?

xylene

What is the name of your state? TN
I went to the prison to see my son and I am now told that I am permenately banned from visitation because I was suspected of smuggling in drugs, but I was not the person who was arrested. What happens now? What will the law do? What do I do?
The prison is not a public space.

They can deny visitors. Especially when there is a basis.

If you wish to continue to see your son you must petition a judge to compel the prison to allow your visitiation.

This will take substantial time and indeed some real lawyers fees too.

If your visitation privileges are reinstated, expect to be severely scrutinized.

seniorjudge

The prison owes you no visiting privileges (thus, the term "privileges".)

Get a lawyer and explain it; maybe the lawyer can sweet talk the warden into letting you back in.

lhasty1

Can they press charges on me? How does this work? What can they do to try and press charges on me? How do they go about evidence finding or do they only press charges on the other woman?:confused:

outonbail

Can they press charges on me? How does this work? What can they do to try and press charges on me? How do they go about evidence finding or do they only press charges on the other woman?:confused:
If they have evidence of you smuggling drugs into a prison or even for just having them in your possession they can certainly press charges against you for doing so. When you were there on your visit, you must have seen signs hanging in the visiting area warning you of this as well as other actions you could be arrested for and the general rules of conduct when you're visiting an inmate.

If the only evidence they have is the word of someone in custody, I doubt they will press the issue any further, as it would be almost impossible to prove you did this without additional witnesses, or physical evidence. But they have every right to deny your future requests to visit an inmate.

Who was this "other woman"? Was it someone you were obviously with, like someone you traveled there with when you went to visit? Possibly your son's girlfriend or spouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">