• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of his privacy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisars

What is the name of your state? PA
I'm not sure that this is going to fall under the criminal law heading, but wasn't sure where else it would belong.
My daughter emailed me this weekend while she was at her father's. Apparently, his girlfriend works in a jewlery store where a well known NFL player bought his wife a birthday gift. She has given my daughter his home address and phone number. I can't see that my daughter would be the only recipient of this information. This poor man and his family are going to be subjected to alot of unwanted phone calls now that his number is out there because of this woman. Especially if they lose tonight. My take on it is if he wanted the world to know his phone number and address, he'd be listed in the phone book. At least he lives in a gated community, where these people won't be showing up on his doorstep. But should he or the store where she works be notified this is where his personal info is getting out? This is not a case of a vindictive ex wife trying to "get back" at her ex or the new girlfriend. Simply, I don't believe it's right for her to be passing along information that is personal.

Beth3

In the interest of keeping the peace between all the family members involved, I suggest your daughter throw away the phone number and leave it at that. It's not your daughter's responsibility or job to notify her father's girlfriend's employer that she's giving out this information. If she wants to, she may share her opinion about what the girlfriend is doing with her father but that's very likely as far as she should go. You certainly should not get involved or else it's going to appear vindictive.

lisars

Skylyn, if these are not considered personal info, then how about if you give everyone here yours? I'll take into consideration that you are not well known and there would be no great desire for anyone to call you or drive past your home. Or, perhaps, you would find it exciting to be the center unwanted attention? Or any attention at all? And to Beth, I've already told my daughter that under no circumstances is she to be passing this around at school. And I agree it's not her place to have to tell the girlfriend's boss anything. She's a child. Apparently so is the girlfriend, or it would have been enough to tell people that she had met him, without having to go so far as to give out his address and phone number as proof. And she has told my daughter that when she (the girlfriend ) goes to his house, she will take my daughter along. But a store that attracts this level of patronage would expect a certain level of discretion, I would imagine. And as for keeping the peace, when I told my ex that he would have to pay for half of what my husband's insurance doesn't pay for her braces, I was accused of having her get braces so that he'd be broke. So, there's not much peace to begin with, but I'd like to keep it as civil as possible. Besides I've been vindictive for years, according to him. This is nothing new.

Beth3

I assume this athlete's phone number and address are unpublished and thus are personal information, and I agree an employee of an establishment he patronizes should not be passing that information around. Were I her employer and discovered she was doing this, I'd fire her. I still submit however that none of this has anything to do with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">