• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

invasion of privacy (noise)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mbrobst

What is the name of your state? Florida
Our problem is with the renters next to us. Our home is located at the end of the subdivision and there are 3 rental properties next to us. We have called the County Code Enforcement on them twice due to the excessive amount of junk and inoperable vehicles on the property. Because of this, we have had to suffer with the extremely loud cars & motorcycles that they own and are constantly working on. We can be in our home, all windows closed and the AC on, with the TV and surround sound on, and still the noise is overwhelming! This is at all times, day & night. When we have called the Sheriff's department, they send a cruiser, it sits in front of the house, then leaves because someone always spots it and the noise ceases until after the deputy has left. Along with the noise is the severe language used by the renter and his son & friends. We can't allow the grandkids out at the pool because of the extremely foul language. Do we have the right to sit in our home and outside at our pool and enjoy some mellow, relaxing times, or do we have to suffer the noise because nothing can be done? Please help us, we need to know our rights.:mad:

HomeGuru

Start documenting things with a video recorder.
Send certified rrr letters to the owners of the properties and sue them if needed.
The property owners are responsible for their tenants. Most likely the owners/propert managers do not know what is going on.

M

mbrobst

Thank you for your response, HG.
I thought that the registered letter would be the first course of action in getting this matter resolved. It will be sent to the landlord as well as the tenant.
I have, in the past, considered talking to them face to face, but they're not the kind of people that listen to reason. This I've discovered from having to listen to their daily ranting about anything and everything.
As for the landlord, he is fully aware of what's going on. I have phoned him several times, about this and other matters, and he hangs up on me.
Anyway, I'm probably going into too much detail here, but this a great forum for airing one's beefs and possibly getting some positive feedback in regards to a solution.
One more question: Is the matter of suing to get the noise stopped something that I can undertake myself, or will I require the services of a lawyer?

HomeGuru

Hire a lawyer so you won't have to deal with these creeps face to face.

Get a tape recorder and record them. Then play it back facing their house using your huge stereo speakers.
Be sure to use those bass boomer speakers that those young kids put in the back of their cars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">