• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Involuntary Manslaughter advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AcidsStarGirl

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin is where the accident took place.

My boyfriend was driving on the interstate and some guy came up beside him and cut him off and the back of the guys vehicle hit the front of my boyfriends vehicle causing him to flip. The other guy had a heart attack and that is why the other guy lost control...Everyone died but my boyfriend (the man who cut him off and a passenger in my bf's vehicle) Well the police stated he could have controlled the vehicle, I doubt that at 75 mph after dark (limit was 70 and going with the flow of traffic)...There was a bottle of alcohol in the vehicle (friends vehicle, b.t.w) and that was another factor in it...He wasnt drinking nor was any tests done there or at the hospital....10 percent of the bail was 10,000. He spent 2 weeks in jail before they released him without having to pay...Ok...what is his rights, I know they are working to get the charges lowered and/or dropped...What is the worse case scenerio...A warrent was issued almost immediately and I also feel he was arrested unjustly, with no evidence and also arrested prematurely....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

wenwas

first of all maximum speed limit on a wisconsin interstate is 65 mph depending on which hwy he was on it might have been 55 mph and there is no keeping up with the flow of traffic rule in wisconsin,the rule is go the speed limit or you're speeding. so the police were correct on that he probably could of controled the car if he wasn't going at least 10 mph higher than the speed limit. second in wisconsin if you hit the back of a vehicle, or in other terms rearend him,you are at fault.it doesn't matter if other guy cut him off your boyfriend hit him there for b/f is at fault. and last if in wisconsin all alcohol is to be transported either in the trunk or in the back seat in a bag. if your b/f's friend was drinking it your b/f being the driver can get in trouble for it. sorry but he could get in big trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">