• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Involuntary Manslaughter Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Margil

A loved one of mine passed away because a doctor gave her many drugs.

This doctor is now going through an involunatary manslaughter case coming up.

And I'm interested in how this case will turn out. I asked someone and they said...

It's important to remember that the charge is IVM - which means that prosecution doesn't really plan to question why the drug was given, they'll focus on how the drug was given.

Is that right? Will they ONLY focus on how the drug was given?

If anyone know anything about IM cases, would you please inform me as much as you know about them? This is the state of CA.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Involuntary manslaughter involves one or two things: either it was an unlawful act (i.e., giving drugs you weren't authorized to give) that doesn't have enough gravity for one of the more serious homicide charges, or that the act was done with such lack of caution or circumspection to be criminally dangerous.

Unless the drug involved is so egregiously inappropriate for any use (like some untested thing from Mexico) you can be assured that they will delve into both the nature of the drugs and the circumstances surrounding it's prescription and administration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">