• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

irritating neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

ptgold

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA/MONROE COUNTY

MY 25 YEAR DAUGHTER/SINGLE MOTHER LIVES IN AN APARTMENT
NEXT TO A COUPLE WHO ARE CONTINUOUSLY COMPLAINING THAT SHE PLAYS HER MUSIC TOO LOUD WITH NO CONSIDERATION OF THE TIME OF DAY. I DON'T BELIEVE THEM BECAUSE SHE HAS A 7 MONTH OLD BABY. BUT LAST NIGHT THINGS CAME TO A HEAD. THE POLICE WERE CALLED. THEY SHOWED UP AND MY DAUGHTER (JEANNE) HAD PAUSED HER STEREO TO ANSWER THE DOOR TO HER SURPRISE ITS THE POLICE. BUT SHE UNPAUSED THE STEREO
AND SHOWED THEM HOW LOUD IT WAS. THEY AGREED IT WAS FINE AND THESE NEIGHBORS OVERREACTED. THEY BECAME VERY ANGRY WITH THE POLICE AND STARTED CLAIMING SITUATION WOULD BE HANDLED DIFFERENTLY HAD THEY NOT BEEN BLACK. THE MAN IS A BODY BUILDER AND EVEN COMMUNICATED HURTING JEANNE, SAID HE WOULD ENTER HER APARTMENT AND SLAP HER AROUND. HIS WIFE THEN SAID SOMETHING TO THE AFFECT OF CALLING DEPT OF CHILDREN & FAMILIES ACCUSING JEANNE OF DOING DRUGS IN FRONT OF HER CHILD. THE POLICE TOOK A FULL REPORT OF THIS INCIDENT, BUT NOT SHE IS LIVING IN FEAR OF THESE PEOPLE AND THE POLICE HAVE LEFT THE SITUATION NOT CHARGING ANYONE. I'M SORRY THIS IS LONG WINDED. IS THERE ANY CHARGEABLE OFFENSE OR SOMETHING TO BE DONE LEGALLY. I'M THINKING RESTRAINING ORDER, COMMUNICATING A PHYSICAL THREAT, SOMETHING. THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME.

L

lynnsoccer

Have you considered getting a restraining order and also filling a report for the threats? ie. Verbal Assult....?

P

ptgold

thankyou for the advice. we'll look into it. thankfully all has
been quiet since.

E

elmo00

Have you tried to go and talk to the neighbors and ask them if there is some kind of agreement they can all agree on. I had that problem and we went through the same thing until I went over and talk to them......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">