• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

irs money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

franco8

What is the name of your state? california. my wife and i are going through a divorce. we are still waiting for court dates. my problem is with my irs check. i gave her the papers so she can take the paper to the irs office. i told her that we will split the money between my kids, i and her. i signed the paper so she could get the check and after work we were going to cash the check. went i got home she was leaving and she left less than half of the money with my oldes son.(420.00) our return was 900.00 and i was planning to use some of the money for my kids clothes, because i know she won't buy them nothing. i don't know how she changed the check, but apparently she faked my signature. my question is, can i call the police and accuse her of fraud. i also got a copy of a personal check she stoled from me about two months ago. i did not do anything against her, but now i am mad because my kids (4) were waiting for this money. please any advice wil be appreciated.thank you :mad:

calatty

If you did report it, the police would probably consider this a family matter and will not want to get involve. For the sake of your children, you and your ex should do all you can to a civil and peaceful relationship with each other. That means not be calling the police on each other, and letting a minor matter like $30 go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">