• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issued a citation, now have pretrial scheduled, what should I be prepared for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needhelpplz23

Utah. I was issued a citation for a dog bite and now have a pretrial scheduled. Do I need to have anything prepared for this to present to the judge or is it just simply to schedule the next steps? I can't afford an attorney at this point and don't think I'll need one.

Pretrial is for wheeling and dealing to settle between prosecution/defense, possibly motions, and/or setting a court date trial.

There is nothing in particular you need unless you were moving the court with a motion or something.

WaltinPA

Citation for dog bite?

You did not provide much of the details with your question. If it was your dog that bit someone and if your local authorities treat it as seriously as happens in my area, it likely won't be as easy as previous post indicates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">