• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Item purchased by state agency for sale?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

libralala

The Alabama Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service purchased a SpeechEasy device (speech fluency device like a hearing aide) in May, 2010. The device does not work for me, and I have emailed the The Alabama Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Service asking if they would like the device back, and they never responded to me. The first email was in the Fall of 2010. This device cost approximately $4700. Since this device is no use for me and I have contacted the state agency with no response, can I sell this item without any liability to the state agency. Thanks.

FlyingRon

It would depends under the terms under which you received it. Absent knowing that, I suspect you would be safer just leaving it in your sock drawer until you hear something back from the people you got it from.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">