• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It's raining golf balls!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pabb

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I need legal help against a driving range if possible. My parents purchased a house 10 years ago across the street from a city golf course. At that time the course was lined with pine trees. A couple of years ago the city leased the course to an individual who cut down the pine trees across from my parents' home and put in a driving range to that area of the golf course. The house was soon bombarded with wayward golf balls and after several complaints to the operator of the range they put up a 60' net. However, the golf balls continue to bombard my mother's house to the point where my brother has collected thousands of errant golf balls and they have suffered multiple damage to their house and vehicles. No one has been injured as yet but at the rate they fall I feel it is just a matter of time before someone is hit which makes it very difficult to enjoy the yard much less let my 9-year old son play in the yard. We have spoken with the operator of the driving range who denies the balls could possibly go over the net and all the damage was probably due to "a rock from a lawnmower" and such as that. Any complaints to the operator of the course or the city seem to fall on deaf ears. My father passed away shortly after the course opened. My mother is 83 years old and has a heart condition. This situation is very stressful on her.

CdwJava

Sounds like you need to obtain an attorney. There could be civil action that can be brought against the operator of the driving range but only an attorney in your local would know whether the operator is up to snuff in terms of his obligations to zoning and protective issues. I would think if you are recovering thousands of golf balls in the yard, then that is pretty stark evidence that damage is being caused by the flying balls. Unless, of course, the yard is very large and none have reached the house.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">