• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i've been busted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

googly

What is the name of your state? washington
I tried on a dab of lotion in a grocery store and was busted for shoplifting. A hired security company fined me 100$ plus the price of the lotion. Otherwise they would have called the police. Is this legal? Is this a scam? thanks!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons You're a Lousy Thief - -

NUMBER 10: Your last covert mission was stealing frozen burritos from 7-11.

NUMBER 9: Whenever someone asks you for the time, you say, "Okay! Okay! I'll tell you everything I know!"

NUMBER 8: Your name: "Larry" Your ATM code: "Larry".

NUMBER 7: "I'm not stealing his watch. I'm taking his pulse".

NUMBER 6: The real reason she left the Red Cross? Caught stealing gauze.

NUMBER 5: Our writer is the inventor of the "Steal Your Parents' Money and Send it to Parker Brothers" game.

NUMBER 4: Since she was caught last year, no longer affiliated with the baby-stealing gypsies. Now steals lotions.

NUMBER 3: Instead of buying an ordinary inflatable doll, you steal the Bullwinkle balloon from the Macy's Parade.

NUMBER 2: For Christmas, you plan to steal a pair of size 16 pumps.

AND, the NUMBER ONE Reason You're a Lousy Thief - -

During police line-up you wave and shout "remember me"?

IAAL

racer72

It is perfectly legal. Civil penalties in Washington can go up to $500. Ignore it and besides the civil fine, you will be looking at a criminal citation and more fines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">