• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jail Sentence / Turning yourself in?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aasd

What is the name of your state?
MI

I had a question I was hoping somebody could answer...

When you are sentenced to serve some jail-time (approx. 10-30 days for retail fraud), are you supposed to go to jail immediately or is it possible to request some time before you turn yourself in, in case if you have to some prior business e.g. classes to take care of?

Any help would be appreciated...
Thanks!

A

aasd

Can I make a Request to a Judge?

Thank You Racer...
I appreciate your reply...

One more question though:
Is there something I can do/request a judge to give me some time before I turn myself in? I am enrolled in a few summer classes which I would really like to finish before serving in prison...

n_and

While I don't know the answer to your question, I think you would just tell him you have courses you wish to finish before serving time and see what he says. I do know that many prisons offer college courses to inmates. Example: the ACI in RI offers New England Techs full course schedual, CCRI selected courses, and GED classes. Corrigan in CT offers college courses as well. Maybe that is something you could look into if you know where you will serve time.

Good Luck with your schooling.

A

audrey7169

MS
I have recently gotten accused of gift card fraud. I was wondering what exackly you did to get the senctence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">