• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jail time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

schreckengost

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania if i do a week in jail should i get any credit off my account ?

HomeGuru

schreckengost said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania if i do a week in jail should i get any credit off my account ?

**A: yes, you will be allowed additional posting time on your freeadvice user account.

H

hmmbrdzz

I've heard that if you spend a week in jail you'll get unlimited access here when paroled but ONLY if you have successfully completed the rigorous academic training offered in prison regarding "the law". :)

Yes -- you'll get a week's creidit off your sentence (or off your "account")

hmmbrdzz

Bravo8

I interpreted the question to mean financially, as in the poster owes fines and wants to know if he will receive any "credit" toward repayment for time spent in jail.
If that's the case.......

Yes. Jail times accounts for $40 per day. (Gotta love it.....not only does the tax money go to supporting them while the are in jail, we don't even get the fine money into the public coffer....)

H

hmmbrdzz

Yeah..... what we can love even more is that in some states the credit allowed is even $50.00 per day and can be increased if one is a good jail bird and gets the privilege of cleaning and sweeping. If one is "broke" when fines are imposed and can't pay them off, well heck -- one can just request to serve the time in jail. If they're lucky, they'll eventually get there.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">