• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jail Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Newbie2k79

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I know this is going to sound strange, and I might not even be posting in the right place. A friend of mine is going to court soon on trumped up charges. He is convinced that he will get sent to jail. I believe with all my heart that he is innocent. Is there a possibility of me going to jail for him? If he goes, he loses his kids. I don't want to see that happen.

H

hmmbrdzz

Newbie2k79 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I know this is going to sound strange, and I might not even be posting in the right place. A friend of mine is going to court soon on trumped up charges. He is convinced that he will get sent to jail. I believe with all my heart that he is innocent. Is there a possibility of me going to jail for him? If he goes, he loses his kids. I don't want to see that happen.
========================

What in the he** are you talking about? That doesn't sound strange at all. It sounds stupid. Do you even know what jail is like? Is this guy God, or something, or are you suicidal, or something? No, there is no way you can go instead of him. None at all.

hmmbrdzz

N

Newbie2k79

And who the he** are you????? Obviously, you have no friends. If you did, you would know what I was going through. No, he's not God, just a wonderful person and an excellent friend. I hope you find someone who will spit in your face if you try to help them.

H

hmmbrdzz

Newbie2k79 said:
And who the he** are you????? Obviously, you have no friends. If you did, you would know what I was going through. No, he's not God, just a wonderful person and an excellent friend. I hope you find someone who will spit in your face if you try to help them.
==========================================

I'm the one you asked a question to. So what if he's a good friend? No one in their right mind would attempt a plan to serve time for someone else (regardless of the reason), announce it, and expect a response other than what you got. You seriously need to consider what you're thinking and WHY. If you're feeling that benevolent, why don't you put it to good use. And if you're that much of a follower, then perhaps you should go find a Branch Davidian forum.

hmmbrdzz

jimnyc

Am I allowed to laugh at this, even though I'm not an attorney? Do I need permission from IAAL possibly? :D

N

Newbie2k79

I just want to thank you. Thank you for showing me how heartless and cruel you people can be. Obviously, you have no meaning in your life. Otherwise, you would have understood my situation.

stephenk

Are you saying your friend is innocent of the charges being brought against him? Has your friend already been convicted?

In answer to your question, you are not allowed to serve a criminal sentence for someone else no matter how much you may want to. If you think your friend is going to prison, maybe help pay for his defense or arrange to take care of his kids while he is gone.

D

DogToenails

Indiana did have a 'Send a Friend' program that allowed you to have a willing proxy serve your time, but it was a flop because most people have lives and don't want to go to prison willingly. But for those that do, there's still the 'Bend a Friend' program. That one is still quite popular.

N

Newbie2k79

Thank you, stephenk and DogToenails. At least now I know that there ARE nice people out there. And thanks for the tip DTN, I'll research on that. As for taking care of the kids, I'll see if that's possible, too.

hmmbrdzz, take a lesson from these two. You could stand to be a little nicer to those who actually want/need help.

H

hmmbrdzz

Newbie2k79 said:
Thank you, stephenk and DogToenails. At least now I know that there ARE nice people out there. And thanks for the tip DTN, I'll research on that. As for taking care of the kids, I'll see if that's possible, too.

hmmbrdzz, take a lesson from these two. You could stand to be a little nicer to those who actually want/need help.
===================================
You asked how to go to jail for a friend. That's utterly insane. It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. It's moronic. It's childish. It's suicidal. And then you want to spit. You have some serious issues going on other than "being real nice". Anyone who would assist you in going to jail or suggest instead that you give your money to this friend is a moron, too. If you don't know that you have the option of giving this friend your money without it being suggested to you, you don't need to give him your money. Rather, you need to appoint a responsible adult to handle your money. Grow up and realize that being helpful does not require being nice.

hmmbrdzz

N

Newbie2k79

hmmbrdzz said:
======================================
Grow up and realize that being helpful does not require being nice.

hmmbrdzz

Do what?????? How can you help someone without being nice? The two concepts go hand in hand! Get a life! Oh, and BITE ME.

djohnson

You really should grow up because I can help people all I want and it doesn't require being nice. I really believe you are probably a young girl that is so enchanted with this guy that you don't understand reality or that he is using you. He is probably guilty. If he is innocent then why is he so sure he will be convicted? Is it because there is so much proof. Grow up before you really get yourself in trouble. Your self esteem must be so low to want to go to jail for someone that is going to be partying with others while you would be there. I agree hmmbrz this is the craziest thing I have ever heard of.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Reasons Why He Wants You To Go To Jail For Him - -

NUMBER 10: Has too many other crimes to commit.

NUMBER 9: He was overheard saying to his friends, "My girlfriend is going to jail for me. Wanna party?"

NUMBER 8: You don't have to go to jail for him. Just create a clone of him!

NUMBER 7: Women in jail are really sexy to visit!

NUMBER 6: He has an important business meeting to attend near the beach of a Bermuda island.

NUMBER 5: Hey girl, did you know your phone number spells 'cabbage brain'?

NUMBER 4: When you finally agree to go to prison for him, the guards high-five each other.

NUMBER 3: You'll finally have enough time to write your book, "D's = A's: My High School's Complex Grading System".

NUMBER 2: "I'd like for you and I to date, `cause you're so much prettier than my cellmate".

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why He Wants You To Go To Jail For Him - -

When he asked you to go to jail for him, he began his request with, "Back when I was sane . . . "

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">