• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spyro

Lets try this question thing again...I got arrested for shoplifting 7 years ago now I'm trying to apply at a goodwill.. When I went to court the judge gave me probation, fine, community service and a computer class he then told me after completion it would be wiped from my record.. So I need to know if I still need to put the charges on the application or not since I'd rather not because of it being a retail store and could be aromatically not considered despite the fact I was told be the judge it would be gone ..

Proserpina

Lets try this question thing again...I got arrested for shoplifting 7 years ago now I'm trying to apply at a goodwill.. When I went to court the judge gave me probation, fine, community service and a computer class he then told me after completion it would be wiped from my record.. So I need to know if I still need to put the charges on the application or not since I'd rather not because of it being a retail store and could be aromatically not considered despite the fact I was told be the judge it would be gone ..

If you lie, you'll be fired and you'll get a lousy reference.

If you tell the truth, they might just give you some credit for that.

But seriously - you expect a retail store to employ a shoplifter? Really?

quincy

Almost all of the information that is needed is included in this thread, spyro. We still need the name of your state. :)

Thanks.

As a note: This forum has had a problem with the "preview post" function on this site. As one member noted, it appears to be a "delete" button in disguise, because posts disappear upon submission. It is as frustrating for us as it is for those trying to start a new thread. Thank you for hanging in there and trying again.

davew128

If you lie, you'll be fired and you'll get a lousy reference.

If you tell the truth, they might just give you some credit for that.

But seriously - you expect a retail store to employ a shoplifter? Really?
Truthfully answering no conviction would not be a lie depending on the state and type of adjudication.

quincy

I question any employment application that asks about an applicant's criminal record prior to hire.

The state name can make a difference.

CourtClerk

Did he really say wiped from your record or that the charges would be dismissed (which is more than likely what would happen)? If it's a dismissal, it'll still show up on your record. If you lie, you'll definitely not get a job.

But I do find it ironic that a shoplifter thinks it's a good idea to work retail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">