• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just looking for some clarification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acro123

Greetings,

As of now, there are no criminal charges filed against me, nor do I foresee any in the future. I am merely posting this to get a little clarification on what is accurate and what is not.

I own and operate an aquarium maintenance and installation company in the DFW area of Texas. I recently got into a personal argument with one of my service accts and he later threatened (via a text message) to cancel a check he had just paid me for my services with. I informed him that I had already deposited the check to which he said that he would just say that I had stolen the check and fraudulently written it for myself. This service acct is a residence and the son of the homeowner is the one that hired me, deals with paying me and is the one threatening me. However, whenever I receive a check for my services it’s always in the homeowner’s name, not the sons.

Twenty minutes before I picked up the check (2 days prior to all of this) the son texted me saying that his dad had given him the check blank and that he would just sign and fill it out. Now the son is telling me that since the check was given to him blank it would be easy to prove that I wrote it since the signature doesn’t match his dads (because the son signed it). Mind you, he is telling me all of this via text message. When I made him aware of the fact that I had texts from him saying that he wrote the check and that he was going to fraudulently report it as stolen he said that since it would be his dad filing the charges (he worded it as his dad against me) that anything he (the son) said or did would be deemed irrelevant and inadmissible. He then proceeded to tell me that since his dad USED to be in the Navy (it has been over 20yrs AFAIK) that any phone in his name (which the sons is) is protected by the Government Screening act and that none of what he said could be used against him or his father in court.

I know this scenario is complicated and hard to follow and I thank all of those who have made it this far. Please feel free to ask questions for clarification if needed. What I am really looking for is a point by point explanation on why what he is saying is accurate or inaccurate.

Thanks in advance,

Trevor

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">