• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just looking for some insight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flargan

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.

I got a parking ticket last week for a violation of PA Vehicle code 3353A24 which states, in part:

(a) General rule.--Except when necessary to avoid conflict
with other traffic or to protect the safety of any person or
vehicle or in compliance with law or the directions of a police
officer or official traffic-control device, no person shall:
(2) Stand or park a vehicle:
(i) In front of a public or private driveway.
(ii) Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant.
(iii) Within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an
intersection.
(iv) Within 30 feet upon the approach to any
flashing signal, stop sign, yield sign or traffic-control
signal located at the site of a roadway.

I was, admittedly, in violation of sections iii & iv. My problem is, while I understand the need for a significant amount of space buffering a fire hydrant, I really do not understand the need for twice that amount of space leading up to a stop sign unless your vehicle is tall enough to block the sign (I drive a Neon and was not blocking the sign). If someone gets bored could you please explain the legal rational for eliminating hundreds of parking spaces that really seem to pose no safety risk? It might make me slightly less annoyed. Thanks!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">