• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just not right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbuckley

What is the name of your state? texas. if i know someone wwho plead guilty to a crime he didnt commit to cover for someone else. and i have solid proof of this. can i do anything about it even tho he wont admit it?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? texas. if i know someone wwho plead guilty to a crime he didnt commit to cover for someone else. and i have solid proof of this. can i do anything about it even tho he wont admit it?
Give your "proof" to the DA's office and let them handle it.

mommyof4

IF this is the case that has been in the press down here lately (attys had the confession but were bound by confidentiality to NOT reveal the truth), you know what the outcome will be.

There is nothing that can be done.

If it's not, then follow Bay's advice.

bbuckley

well i dont know cause this is a weierd case. it should be a movie or a book. my fiance' who is now 23 had a 24 year old boyfriend when she was 16. the parents found out thru someone else. well they found her one night at this guys house. he was a correctional officer and scared to lose his job so his best friend also 24 said he was the boyfriend. well they collaberated a story stuck to it and gave statements. the guy was later arressted and charged with solicitation of a minor. now a registerd sex offender for life and not allowd around children. the real perp his bestfriend put a bullet in his head shortly after all of this. so heres the deal, she doent want to be charged with purgory because she has no criminal background, and he doesnt want to disgrace his dead friends name. is there anything that can be done? she said he is required to take polygraphs, cant they just do that and ask him if he truly commited the offense?

bbuckley

i guess what i'm asking is since neither one of them will admit to it in court, is there a way to get someone to investigate this case and MAKE them tell the truth?

mommyof4

Well, how hard do you think a DA is going to work on this if nobody involved is willing to change their story?

I'm not being mean when I ask this, but what is in this for you? Why are you so gung-ho about this?

bbuckley

nothing i guess, i just found out the truth about this this morning. figured there was noway in hell id be on 10 years probation for a sex case weather the dude was dead or alive. but he's dead so what does he care. personally i'd have never been friends with a 24 year old man who was having sex with a 16 year old kid. but to be on felony probation for a crime you didnt commit thats down right physcotic.

bbuckley

besides, im not really gung-ho, all i was thinking was to find out who his p.o is and tell him the truth, if they polygraph him theyll find out hes been lying this whole time and had nothing to do with her, but i don't know that'll help him or make things worse on him.

CavemanLawyer

Submit an affadavit of your statement to the DA's office. Brady requires that they turn it over to his defense attorney who should file a motion for a new trial. Talk to his defense attorney about this too.

Unless these people gave sworn statements to police when they told their "story" than that is not perjury it is just a false statement to a police officer which is a misdemeanor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">