• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marlene2005

What is the name of your state? Georgia

What is the SOL on credit card fraud. Long story short, My daughter loaned me a credit card. It has been cancelled and I've been paying on it up until a a couple of months ago when she didn't send me a notice of the amount due. Now she is talking about filing charges on me. I just want to figure out if she can do this.

Thank you

seniorjudge

Okay, I read your post twice.

What part of it (according to your daughter) is fraud?

If she loaned it to you and you are not paying her back, then you are a bad mother, but you have not committed criminal fraud (unless there is something else you are not telling us).

Marlene2005

I appreciate your reply. There isn't anything else. She gave me the card to use, and I've been repaying her up until a couple of months when she stopped sending me a bill for the monthly payment.

outonbail

Originally posted,
Long story short,
recent post,
There isn't anything else.
Why would there be any need to shorten a story if it didn't have "anything else" relevant enough have originally been a long story?

Is your daughter suddenly threatening that she will claim that you used her credit card without her permission?

Did you allow anyone else to use her card or was it used by someone she didn't authorize to use it?

Have you been paying the minimum amount due or making larger payments in an effort to get it paid off?

Are you paying the credit card company directly, or do you reimburse your daughter for the amount of the payment she makes and for the amount she decides to pay?

Why was the card cancelled?

Long story short

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">