• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thegirl2008

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My sister took a job for a company called Beau Chenaux as a financial coordinator. She found the company in our local newspaper. The company is out of Switzerland. She had to sign a year contract with them. After she signed the contract and got all the information about her job she was worried that it was illegal or money launder. They wanted her to take transactions from clients for Jewelry, then with draw the money from her card and western union the money to them. When they found out that her card would only allow 300 a day to be withdrew they decided to have her buy high ticket items using all her information, then send the items to them. She was worried this isn't legal so she asked, they told her that all their business was legal. That their clients buy jewelry and they put that money into their electronics business. The items are cheaper in the us than in Europe. But she was still worried so she told them she wanted to break the contract and not work for them anymore. Now they are threating to sue her for breach of contract.

Is this method of business legal?
If not why would they sue her?
Who does she report her suspicions to?

Please help she is a single mother of 3 and she is worried.

thegirl2008

Yes, I thought Scam as well, but she has already received the first transaction in the amount of 4800 dollars. The CC company held on to the money for 6 days, then released it to be available credit. She told the company she would send them the $4800 dollars, but then she didn't want to do the transactions anymore because she felt in her gut that this operation was illegal. That is when they threatened to sue her for Breach of Contract. She is only 21 and a bit of an idiot at times. She called crying to me, so I told her I would try to figure out whether they could sue her & if the business transaction are legal & where she could report the company to if she wanted to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">