• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

just thought i'd say

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeAssault

What is the name of your state? nc

i posted an incident with my girlfriend getting into a fight a couple of months back. The people on this board told me that there's probably jail time this and that and wasn't really nice about any of it. they act like its they're job to respond. well just to let everyone know they were totally wrong. if i had followed their advice than i probably would've had to spend lots of money on a lawyer. it is a 50 dollar fine for simple assault not prison.

Last edited by a moderator:

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? nc

i posted an incident with my girlfriend getting into a fight a couple of months back. The people on this board told me that there's probably jail time this and that and wasn't really nice about any of it. they act like its they're job to respond. well just to let everyone know they were totally wrong. if i had followed their advice than i probably would've had to spend lots of money on a lawyer. it is a 50 dollar fine for simple assault not priso.
double post

Exhaustively discussed here:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=344388

CdwJava

JoeAssault said:
i posted an incident with my girlfriend getting into a fight a couple of months back. The people on this board told me that there's probably jail time this and that and wasn't really nice about any of it. they act like its they're job to respond. well just to let everyone know they were totally wrong. if i had followed their advice than i probably would've had to spend lots of money on a lawyer. it is a 50 dollar fine for simple assault not prison.
I don't know where anyone pointed out prison to you, but I DO recall pointing out the strong likelihood that the case would be dismissed or reduced ... seems that this is what happened.

I do enjoy being proven right. :cool:

- Carl

Its free advice! You get what you pay for (read signature line) No one here can read a judges mind furthermore we ar not privy to all details in case we only have what you provide! If the advice was wrong (cannot be wrong it was guesswork anyhow) them blame yourself for misinforming everyone! This site is used by many all ar enot Attorneys and the Attorneys here may not work in said feild! The one thing in common no matter who posts is that we all suggest you find an Attorney. Blame us all you want but we cannot predict future we give advice based on our knowledge expereinces and informaton provided by OP. So next time just find an Attorney and quit crying!

J

JoeAssault

naw it had nothing to do with a judge. we just saw the magistrate. asked if she was guilty or not guilty. and the guy was like if you say you're guilty it's basically 50 bucks. and you didn't even post to the original so how do you even know i gave bad info? i just noticed that for me and a lot of people on this board, the people giving the advice were acting like we were the criminals. i even had 1 person saying well i hope your girlfriend goes to jail and all of this. this is an advice forum? yah i realize its for free but if you're going to have an advice forum for free and not have any advice and actually just discourage why bother? and carl you weren't one of the people who was saying bad things but you were one that was talking about jail time and this and that. not once was there talk of reducing or anything. If you would've told me that it's going to be reduced i would've hardly been worried about it. and i just love how i point out how most of you were wrong but you're still the stubborn know it alls that are never wrong. sorry to say but you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">