• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sebro12

YOUR STATE NAME - Allentown Pa

My 14yrs old is charges with attempted robbery. But that is not the case. My 17yrs old bike was stolen two months after, I bought it for his birthday. It was winter then. About two weeks ago my sons was a kids with a bike, that the said was looked like my son's bike. It had some mark, my son placed on it. When my son and his friend , stop the kid to ask him where he got the bike from the kid lied. My son was hold the handle of the bar and his friend lift up the back. They were question him, when the saw the school prinicple and police and they let go of the bike. Now my sons is being charge with attempt robbery. I can not afford a lawyer, but the state think I make to much money. I am the only one working in my house and there are six of us. Can some one please help me.

Last edited:

S

Sebro12

[Sorry I am new at this. Just need some help

Last edited:
D

dannk

Do you have the reciept? If you do then

Let them prove the kid or the kids parents have a reciept.

T

talianna

Did you report the bike's theft to police when it happened? And did you mention the mark your son put on it when you did?

If the mark your son put on it was something he did accidentally from a crash, who's to say someone didn't buy their kid the same bike and he did something similar in dmage to it.
I'm not saying that's what happened, but it's a possibility.

Your son is entitled to a public defender if you can't afford an attorney. Or maybe you could talk to an attorney on a free consultation and see what he/she thinks you should do.

T

talianna

Sorry, didn't catch the part about the state saying you made too much money.

I'd do the free consultation route. Maybe the attorney could help you get going in the right direction.

S

Sebro12

pa

yes , I have the receipt for the bike and I did not report it to the police. This is not the first time that my kids have gotten their bike stolen and all the police will tell you is that you probably will not get it back. My husband was also told today that the Da is changing the charges to Robbery. I don't know if these people are going mad. But how could it be robbery. If you try to kill somebody and the person lives, will the charge you would murder instead of attempt murder. I wonder to is watching this case and why are the wasting taxpayer money, that we work hard for .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">