• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stihl007

What is the name of your state? Geprgia

A buddy of mine has a son that's under 13 and he did something really stupid. Kid went to school and made a suggestion to a girl about an activity and mentioned a dollar amount in the process. The girl laughed it off and so did the kid but she told her folks, can't really blame her, and they had a sexual harrasment charge filed against the kid. The school cop did the paper work and told the kid there would be some kind of meeting with the juvenile folks. From what I can tell, the cop questioned the kid about it without his folks there and he didn't read the kid any kind of rights.(Do they still do that or is that just on TV?) The kids folks were floored needless to say. The kid makes good grades and has never been in trouble, seems he just said something very stupid. Anyone have an idea if the cop was out of line and what's likely to happen to their kid when he has to go see the juvenile law folks.

Thanks,

Stihl007

racer72

Sound as if everything was legal. And yes, it's only on TV that people get their right read to them. It's called a dramatic license.

HomeGuru

stihl007 said:
What is the name of your state? Geprgia

A buddy of mine has a son that's under 13 and he did something really stupid. Kid went to school and made a suggestion to a girl about an activity and mentioned a dollar amount in the process. The girl laughed it off and so did the kid but she told her folks, can't really blame her, and they had a sexual harrasment charge filed against the kid. The school cop did the paper work and told the kid there would be some kind of meeting with the juvenile folks. From what I can tell, the cop questioned the kid about it without his folks there and he didn't read the kid any kind of rights.(Do they still do that or is that just on TV?) The kids folks were floored needless to say. The kid makes good grades and has never been in trouble, seems he just said something very stupid. Anyone have an idea if the cop was out of line and what's likely to happen to their kid when he has to go see the juvenile law folks.

Thanks,

Stihl007
**A: the cop was not out of line. The folks a juvi will just give him some counseling. And also a reality check. The dollar amount he mentioned was too low for the type of activity he had in mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">