• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whitebeanner

What is the name of your state? nevada
Wasnt real sure where to post this but my question is if while on probation as a juvenile you turn 18 does your probation carry thru until it is met, or does it stop at the time you turn 18?

S

sheib

What does the probation say?

Hey, I'm a newbie to the posts... I accidentally replied to this as a new posting... silly me!

Probation doesn't run out just because you turn a certain age. I am not a lawyer, but I would check the terms of the probation. If it stipulates that the probation perios is for a specific time (2 years), then age, I don't think, would have anything to do. However, if the probation was until a certain age (and I have never heard of this), then it may be.

I STRONGLY recommend you look at your copy of the court documents (and the sentencing). If you don't have copies, go immediately to your court and file a freedom of information act (federal reg. title 5 USC), or whatever local applicable public disclosure / discover laws are applicable, and keep your copies. Always keep copies of legal documents!

Last place - consult the probation officer.

Good luck and wish you the best!

T

talianna

I'd definitely assume if the probation was for a specific period of time that it was meant to be served in full. After all, it's not like they're going to shout "SURPRISE! We didn't realize you were going to be 18 any time during your probationary period! Silly us! You're free to go!"
Yeesh....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">