• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile property damage..HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

juvenile_420

What is the name of your state? ..canada

this guy found my wallet in his car, i had lost while watching my friend broke into his car, broke the ignition and dash, costs $1200 damage. this guy that owns the car doesnt care who is responsible for the crime, as long as he gets his money, to repair it. he repeatedly calls my house, harassing my and my family. he has threatened me. he has my wallet. i am 17 years old, have no juvenile records, and was there watching. i have a few questions -> 1. Is there any chance that i will have to pay for the damage, even tho i did not do it. 2. what will happen after i turn 18 and apply for university and jobs? 3. should i go about it the legal way, through court or just pay half of damage?

Son of Slam

juvenile_420 said:
What is the name of your state? ..canada

this guy found my wallet in his car, i had lost while watching my friend broke into his car, broke the ignition and dash, costs $1200 damage. this guy that owns the car doesnt care who is responsible for the crime, as long as he gets his money, to repair it. he repeatedly calls my house, harassing my and my family. he has threatened me. he has my wallet. i am 17 years old, have no juvenile records, and was there watching. i have a few questions -> 1. Is there any chance that i will have to pay for the damage, even tho i did not do it. 2. what will happen after i turn 18 and apply for university and jobs? 3. should i go about it the legal way, through court or just pay half of damage?

This man is blackmailing you. Report it to the police immediately.

JETX

Of course this guy is picking on you because you are a minor. I suggest you contact the local police and tell them the story you have stated here. They will probably find the story very interesting... so much so that they might even offer you an expense paid vacation.
Have fun.... and don't drop the soap!!

J

juvenile_420

quote " They will probably find the story very interesting... so much so that they might even offer you an expense paid vacation.
Have fun.... and don't drop the soap!! "

Does this mean i am just as responsible in court?

my friend has admitted to the crime ( i was nice to the guy and gave him the guy that did it..because i aint payin for what i didnt do) and my friend admitted, but said i did half the damage, so he will only pay half.

He still has my social insurance, birth certificat, and health card.. and says he has my life in his hands. Im currently trying to get him to send them to me, and get my social insurance name changed. What should i do if he does not send me my idenification?

Hes also said that his son is 6'4 and ill be limping for the rest of my life.. is this a threat?

Should i tell the police that this guy is harassing me, and is blackmailing me? i dont want to go to jail. :confused:

R

Ramoth

You stood by and watched while a "friend" committed a crime, and somehow your wallet was left behind at the scene. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but IMHO that makes you an accessory to the crime. When the cops pick up your "friend" and he decides he doesn't want to spend time as Bubba's love slave, he'll tell them that YOU did it all by yourself, and YOU will then get the chance to be Bubba's love slave. (Nice friends, BTW.)

As I see it, you have a few choices here. One, pay for the damages and pray that the guy doesn't file a police report. Two, live in fear of getting your a$$ kicked by a 6'4" gorilla in addition to having a police report filed. Three, call the police, report the crime, and hope there's enough evidence to convict your "friend" of the crime, and keep your charges at accessory level.

JETX

Alright, time to fess up....
NONE of the responses you may get on this forum are accurate. We have all been 'pulling your chain'.

See the problem is.... you can't read the RULES at the top of the page. Last I heard, Canada was NOT a part of the US yet (but keep hoping, we may allow you to join us). But you have to get rid of those stupid 'sports', like Hockey and 'Curling'. What the hell is the sport to that anyway?? Looks a lot like shuffleboard and that is only played by retirees in Florida.... so it can't be much of a sport, can it??
:D

JETX

Really didn't want to do it, but some dweeb simply didn't 'catch the fact' and tried to give a valid response when it clearly wasn't.... at least for the facts in the original post.

J

juvenile_420

my friend already admitted to it, on audio tape.

(curling.. i donno what the hell is with that game, and hockey... well you americans can leave that game to the professionals. and we dont all live in igloos and i dont say Eh.. all the time. plus im omish, so all you partiers.. eat your heart out. )

C

CourtJester

wow...

Well this is an interesting story. You stood by and watched your "friend" break into someone else’s car and weren't involved and for that matter didn't do anything about it? Then somehow YOUR Wallet got left in his car. Did you give your friend your wallet? I certainly wouldn't trust someone who breaks into cars with my wallet.

Well let's just say for the sake of argument that I believe you. This person who is calling you and saying that his 6' 4" son is going to physically harm you is committing a crime according to US law, but I have no clue as to Canadian law. Personally I think that you need to record him saying these things to you and then go to the police. I’m sure that this will be ok with your Amish community as well. ...Which brings me to my next point. If you are Amish (The religious people who don't believe in using any kind of modern technology at all) then how is this guy calling you? Last I checked when you called someone you have to use a telephone which I can't imagine an Amish community having.

This leads me to believe that you are lying about something, whether it is the fact that you were not involved with the crime or that you are Amish. Your story is quite hard to swallow even if I assume that this is all true.

Please respond to what I have posted, for whatever reason I am interested in what you will say in response.

Last edited:

Jesca3001

I believe, since this kid is 17, that he is on Rumspringa(sp?) amish teens are given 1-2 years on their own living "english" so they can make sure that they absolutely want to be baptized amish (hence being able to have a phone, internet, etc..) as for canadian law, i have no idea,heh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">