• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

david hill

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was arrested and convicted at the age of 16 for assessory to murder. There is one more individual who was also charged and convicted with 1st degree murder. I did not commit the crime nor did I give orders for anyone else to commit the crime. Because of this I was tried as an adult at 16 years old, and served time in DOC. My question is what can I do to get this of my record? I am 36 years old, and this incident, that happened when I was a minor, has stunted my ability to compete educationally, economically, socially, and politically. What remedies can I take to releave myself from this great travisty of justice. Thank you in advance for your commnets.

CdwJava

When you assist someone in the commission of a murder, or to evade justice after a murder, you will get punished. In this case, you have been punished. This does not go away because it is inconvenient for you.

Just think how inconvenenient it is for the deceased victim and his or her family ... THEN complain about the injustice of it all. :mad:

- Carl

david hill

Redemption

I am not complaining, but you must understand, I was not the instigator, but besides that I was only a minor of 16. Had I been a white male. I would have been given some type of rehabilitative services. It is not for you Carl to pass judgement on me. I have made peace with my creator and the victims family, *******! I do not feel sorry for me or anyone else. I have a Masters Degree, and thanks to tax paying citizens like you, I have 3 degrees and two vocations. I am employed (35,000 to 45,000 a year), and I do counseling and mentoring for disadvantaged youth. Do not be mad at me because we live in a society that says there is no such thing as redemption. I know for a definite fact that I have a lot of positive and productive energy to offer this American society, but because of my PAST as a juvenile I am limited in my efforts to help those that may be in the same predicament as I was. Keep your nasty comments to yourself. It is people like you, Carl, that give this country a bad name. And besides I found legal assistance that will help me file a petition for Executive clemency. Thanks Carl, but no thanks for your infantile reply.

I shall keep moving forward...

Mr. L.H. , M.A.

CdwJava

david hill said:
I am not complaining, but you must understand, I was not the instigator, but besides that I was only a minor of 16.
I was 16 as well ... but I never was involved in a murder - much less tried as an accessory.

Had I been a white male. I would have been given some type of rehabilitative services.
Maybe. Maybe not.

It is not for you Carl to pass judgement on me. I have made peace with my creator and the victims family, *******!
Good for you.

And I can only imagine what the deleted word was. But, *I* did not judge you - a jury apparently did that. I only commented that you are inconvenienced ... the victim is dead.

I do not feel sorry for me or anyone else. I have a Masters Degree, and thanks to tax paying citizens like you, I have 3 degrees and two vocations. I am employed (35,000 to 45,000 a year), and I do counseling and mentoring for disadvantaged youth.
Great!

Though, in reality, my taxes don't pay a dime of your salary as I am half way across the country from you.

Do not be mad at me because we live in a society that says there is no such thing as redemption.
I'm not mad. Though you seem to be.

Redemption comes from within. The state does not have to redeem you by erasing a felony conviction from your history. In fact, I doubt it is possible. But, nothing is preventing you from speaking to an attorney to find out for yourself.

I know for a definite fact that I have a lot of positive and productive energy to offer this American society, but because of my PAST as a juvenile I am limited in my efforts to help those that may be in the same predicament as I was.
No one is preventing you from helping anyone. You can do what you wish. Just don't expect the state to remove your conviction from your record because it is inconvenient for you.

Keep your nasty comments to yourself.
WHAT "nasty comment"? I seem to recall it was YOU who just referred to ME with a foul word that was blotted by the nanny program here.

It is people like you, Carl, that give this country a bad name.
Really? Huh ... I'm surprised. I work hard, raise a family, was never convicted of ANY crime (other than speeding when I was a juvenile), attend church, participate in my commmunity, run a police department, manage the local Chamber of Commerce and the PAL, and genuinely do the right thing. I never really thought of that as being bad.

Silly me. :rolleyes:

And besides I found legal assistance that will help me file a petition for Executive clemency. Thanks Carl, but no thanks for your infantile reply.
You're welcome. :cool:

And good luck ... I guess. Don't be surprised if you don't get it. Governors don't tend to grant clemency. But, you could get lucky.

- Carl

fairisfair

Apparently, we tax payers never invested in a spelling course for you. You complain about being unable to compete educationally, and yet you claim to have a Master's Degree, and 3 others degrees as well. As for the travisty (travesty) of justice, there was and is none, you do not even claim to have been innocent, only stupid, you can not releave yourself, unless you mean to leave again, at another time. But really, your stupidity shined at it's finest when you attacked the character of CDWJava. Be gone, I hope that no one here will find it necessary to help you.

AHA

david hill said:
I have a Masters Degree, and thanks to tax paying citizens like you, I have 3 degrees and two vocations. I am employed (35,000 to 45,000 a year), and I do counseling and mentoring for disadvantaged youth.
So, in what part of your life do you suffer so severly from having paid the consequences of a crime you were proven guilty of?? By your own accord, you seem to be on your feet, so what's the fuss about?

david hill

All I did was ask for some advice

All I did was ask for some advice, not a letcure on my creed and deeds. I did not ask Carl or anyone else for their judgemental remarks, all I simply did was ask for some advice. I am sure your mamas told you "if you do not have anything nice or positive to say, keep it to yourself". That applies here. I repeat: all I did was ask for some advice, not judgemental comments about me and the victim. I thought this was a professional forum, but I guess I was/am wrong. I am glad I sought advice elsewhere from some real professionals and not a bunch of self-rightcheous, second hand lawyers. This is my third and last time accessing this bogus site of hand me down lawyers. Keep up the judgemental advice, and lousy lawyer work. I'm outta this popcorn stand. Peace Out People.

Mr. L.H., M.A.

fairisfair

yes, my mama also told me not to involve myself in MURDER.

I am assuming that stands for

Lying Hoodlum, Murder Accessory

david hill

Fairisneverfair in this society

Fairisneverfair

Thanks, but no thanks. You can keep the stupidity and share it with the person you got it from; your demented grandmama! No need to reply because I will not be here to witness your true bias and ignorance. Seeee Yaaaa, you wanna be rent a lawyer.

Mr. Helping those who really need it.

G

Gevalia

No need to reply because I will not be here to witness your true bias and ignorance.

Which, of course, is Netspeak for "And I'm going to keep coming back to see what else you're saying about me."

Grow up.

AHA

david hill said:
All I did was ask for some advice, not a letcure on my creed and deeds. I did not ask Carl or anyone else for their judgemental remarks, all I simply did was ask for some advice. I am sure your mamas told you "if you do not have anything nice or positive to say, keep it to yourself". That applies here. I repeat: all I did was ask for some advice, not judgemental comments about me and the victim. I thought this was a professional forum, but I guess I was/am wrong. I am glad I sought advice elsewhere from some real professionals and not a bunch of self-rightcheous, second hand lawyers. This is my third and last time accessing this bogus site of hand me down lawyers. Keep up the judgemental advice, and lousy lawyer work. I'm outta this popcorn stand. Peace Out People.

Mr. L.H., M.A.

Since you don't even bother to answer a simple question, I'm not taking you seriously. You have nothing to whine about.

"Peace Out People"????? That's what the teens on my street say, not a mature adult MAN.

Last edited:

outonbail

Well, I'd say it's fairly clear to see what is really stunting his ability to move ahead in this world,,,

But of course, blaming his troubles on something he can't change, is simply a way to secure himself another convenient excuse that's always close by, which he believes will justify his consistant pattern of failures and explain why he is always passed over for promotions.

Playing the race card can only go so far and stepping back to see a true reflection in the mirror, requires accepting responsibility. This is a dose of reality some people are just not prepared to deal with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">