• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Larceny- I need to press charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jess311

What is the name of your state?

Texas

I had just about everything in my apartment stolen the summer of 2002. I didn't report it for several reasons although if anything ever happens in the future I will.

I found out a couple of days ago who stole everything from someone that she told. This person said he would testify as to their conversation in court.

Is there something I can do now to file charges? Do I need a lawyer? I've also moved a couple hours away from the area, still in Texas, but if I can do something, can I do it from a diffeent county as well?

racer72

Only a prosecuting attorney can press charges. You need to call the police and if they feel it is warranted, the case will be forwarded to the PA's office. Don't be surprised if they tell you it is too late, you should have called when the theft happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">