• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Larceny in the workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blondies007

on monday the 18th there was a theft of a considerable amount of money stolen from my office. i work in the auto industry (in the state of NM) and take cash, check, and credit card down payments and also deposits to hold vehicles for purchase. myself and a fellow co-worker in the same position noticed the money and the bank deposit bag was stolen from the office and we retraced our steps and came to a common denominator of who the prime suspect is. problem is, that suspect quit this morning the 19th. second problem is that we feel we cannot recover the funds due to inadequate interaction from upper management, police were notified and such, but the general manager wants to recover the funds from our personal paychecks when we were told by upper management that we were not suspects or even suspected of taking the money. can my employer recover this money by garnighing my wages to pay back the loss?? can't they file this under an insurance claim? PLEASE HELP!!!

H

Humble Warrior

No they cant.....that would be the equivalent to stealing from you. They can recover from the person found guilty through the courts,but they cannot do anything to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">