• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Belyndaf

What is the name of your state? Missouri
OK it starts like this. My mother in law passes away and my brother in law rushes out to open a new bank account the day after she passed with his name, his wifes name, my father in laws name as well as my father in law's father in law. Well my brother in law had been given $22,000 for this account by my father in law's father law so that the bills and funeral could be paid. no big deal. well in the meantime my father in law comes to me asking I f i would open a savings account and he would give me part of his allowance each week. (my brother in law gave him $200 a week) He was trying to save to go to Reno in July. Well in the meantime my father in law asked me to transfer a total of $7900.00 from this checking account to the savings account so that he would have more money to spend. He would ask for money and I would go and get the money no questions asked. The atm machine would only give $300.00 daily so there would be a couple of times that I would tranfer larger amounts into my checking account and right a check for cash and give it to him. Well now he has denied now that he has been caught and is now disputing all against me. So they have put a freeze on al of my accounts. So now the family is trying to press charges against me (all but my husband who took some convincing does believe me) I am confused. I know the only reason my father in law is doing this is because he was probably threatned by his father in law that he would take the rest of the money that was left away. I regret ever doing this but what do I do. My father in law is not all there. He has had several heartattacks as well as a stroke. He has been described by his doctor that he is Delusional. Is the best thing to let things go. He has even told the Bank Security person I had the permission. He lied about signing the signature card but that came out that he did also. I just need some help. I am very confused and thought I was doing something good.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">