• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to LAWRAT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Serrie

I have a question, you can go to angry and frustrated to catch up. I want to know if a third party person can call you on the job and harrase you. I live in texas and the third party is in california, any way they are telling my husband that we will lose our truck and I know for a fact that is not true, please help me.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Serrie,

well it really depends on the situation. Can you repost your entire fact pattern for me -- all events relevant to this question so I may better answer your question for you?

Thanks! ; - )

S

Serrie

ok here goes! I bought a chevy truck here in texas at mooris moore cheverolet, I gave them a check for $1500.00. It didn't go through the bank the first time, and this man from California called me and told me to stop payment on the check that he had it there, and to send a cashiers check, so I did
and when I got to the bank the lady there told me it was there to clear and why did I want to stop payment, I told her because this man told me too. I mailed it express and it did not get there the next day,so this man calledme again and told me to put a trace on it because he should have gotten it. When I tried to explain that nothing got anywhere from here overnite he became very rude to me and called me a lier, he has been calling me ever since, every day. His name his Don Hyden. Well with the advice I got from here I told him to stop calling or I would sue him, now he is calling my husband and causing problems between us, telling my husband Im lying to them that I never sent the money. He would have had it had he not kept telling nine hundred differant things to do. I had to put a trace on the express mail, I mailed it regular mail and now he still does not have it, after a couple of weeks. I talked to Mooris Moore and Tod told me not to worry about him because they will not take back the truck, just make sure I pay my payments. Tod told me that this man in Cal. is some insurance thing that pays Mooris Moore, so they have their money,and my truck is safe. Whaat do I do about this guy in Cal. He keeps treating me, yelling at me and calling me names. Than-you. I hope you can help, He will get his money in the mean time I want him to leave me alone enough is enough, I don't need his abuse. I told him very calmly today not to yell at me and do not tell me what to do.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Don't ever mention names/company names, etc anymore. It may open you up to liability.

Okay, well look, essentially if all is well, your problem is this guy. If he had a legitimate debt to collect from you and did not receive it (and the car dealer didn't receive it), then you may have a claim of harassment by a debt collector. In which case, you need to get a lawyer.

If you do not owe anything to this person, then you may have a case of fraud.

Either way, try speaking with a lawyer in your state. Try attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">