• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws About Dept of Child Protection Suspecting Sexual Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whiplash41594

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am the father of 2 children, who live with me. I also have a girlfriend who has 2 children. They live here as well. We have been together just over a year. My girlfriend's daughter is 12. She has been a chronic bed wetter since 2. Not consistent, she has long spells of not peeing the bed, and then she starts up again Her doctor noticed white blood cells in her urine a few weeks ago. She was also diagnosed with a urinary tract infection. For some reason, Child Protection Services (Cps) called my girlfriend today. They believe the peeing, and blood cells, and infection, somehow point to sexual molestation. Now I have serious panic attacks and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. As well as a hefty case of paranoia. Being that I am the primary male figure in her life (her dad is out of state) I can't help feeling that that makes me an instant suspect. I see movies and such all the time where innocent people get arrested and jailed. Put on trial, whatever horrible things happen. Though her daughter swears no one has touched her,especially me, and there could be absolutely no evidence that I did anything inappropriate, since I didn't. My paranoia keeps sending me visions of police at my door, handcuffs, a jail cell. I need some sort of reassurance. I have worried myself physically ill. I feel nauseous. Please tell me something. I am poor, and have no money to defend myself legally, God forbid I would ever need to. Please help.

PJ Weber

Now I have serious panic attacks and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. As well as a hefty case of paranoia. Being that I am the primary male figure in her life (her dad is out of state) I can't help feeling that that makes me an instant suspect. I see movies and such all the time where innocent people get arrested and jailed. Put on trial, whatever horrible things happen.
My paranoia keeps sending me visions of police at my door, handcuffs, a jail cell.
The best advice anyone can give is to stop worrying about something that hasn't happened, and probably will not happen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">