• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is This Legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Susan1968

What is the name of your state? FL

I have lost contact with a friend of mine in the state of Florida. Would I be breaking any kind of privacy laws if I were to put an ad in some papers with his photo requesting information about him?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Susan1968 said:

I have lost contact with a friend of mine in the state of Florida. Would I be breaking any kind of privacy laws if I were to put an ad in some papers with his photo requesting information about him?

My response:

No, there's no law prohibiting you from doing that. However, where would you start? Florida is a large State, and has numerous newspapers.

IAAL

AmosMoses

Susan,

I am fairly sure that there are individuals and/or entities that find lost loved ones, etc., for you. Search the 'Net, and you will likely find many of these, and I believe there is at least one that guarantees a find for 50 bucks or no charge for no find. I don't know which ones are reputable, but searching with a search engine will give you a start for a list of them to look into. These people use utility bills, voting records, and many other good sources, and usually get the job done fine. Good luck.

M

MistWing

Susan1968 said:

Contact the Social Security Administration. I don't know if they still do this, but they used to be willing to try to pass on a letter to the individual (assuming they could find them). Ask them if they still do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">