• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xray328

Canton, Ohio

My brother was told by his girlfriend that he needed to leave his home for one week while she was on vacation. They have three kids together and she hasn't lived there in awhile and she came home last Friday and told him he needed to leave for 1 week. She is the only one that works and he stays home all day with the kids. He hasn't been out of the house in over 6 months because she controls him. She controlled the car, phone, and the money. Also all three kids are under the age of 3. She has postpartum. She doesn't even bond with the youngest because she is never there. My brother's name is on the lease of the house. That should mean that he can have her removed not the other way around.

Well after he left on Friday, he went over to a buddies house to play poker and have a drink, since he doesn't get out much. Well I guess he was depressing his friends with talking about his kids. You see his kids are his life and without him he would rather not be here. So after awhile he decided to leave and walk 10 miles to talk to her. When he got there her boyfriend was there. You see he thought she might be cheated on him but she kept telling him she wasn't. She is totally screwed up in the head. So they started to talk and my brother threw a chair through the window. He has never acted that way. He is the sweetest person but she crushed him hard with the boyfriend being there. Then the boyfriend beat him with a bat so bad that he could have a broken leg.

Of course the cops came and charged him with Domestic Violence and now he is sitting in jail all weekend since nobody in my family can afford to bail him out.

My brother has not charged the boyfriend with Assault but he should.

I need help and I don't know what to do. I live in a different state then him and needs some help and I have no way of getting a hold of him from jail.

Please help????

Last edited:

Just Blue

THIS FORUM IS FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT U.S. LAW ONLY
When posting a question, you must include the name of your state!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">