• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lettuce5175

I filed for a restraining order against my husbands ex-girlfriend. My husband and I have been together for 4 years and this girl still persists in calling 3-4 and up to 8 times a day and leaving several messages, "Please call me right away" types. I have tried to be very patient with this being as they have a 4 1/2 year old daughter but is has begun to affect me at my job. She has been calling and hanging up on me at my job, on my cel phone and my husband and I traced phone calls at our home for unlegitimate calls and there were 79 in a 6 month period. My question is when I go to court, the records for these traced calls were not kept by our phone company because I waited for more than 6 months to pursue charges so they were terminated off the system. I do however have the phone records which show date, time and that there was a traced call and the fee for these traces but they do not show what number these call originated from. I did get a letter from the phone co. explaining why I could not obtain these records, do you think the phone records I have will be sufficient? I do have traced calls from my job and on my cel phone as well as two witnesses so this would not be my only evidence but do you think I can use them?

Amy26

tigger22472

Hook up an answering machine for one at your home, one that you can easily keep the taping of. Also check the laws in your state on taping phone calls. Some are a one party state. You dont' have to inform her about the taping in a one party state and unless she's blond if she leaves a message on the machine hopefully she can figure that one out. Hopefully you have caller ID. Let your machine pick up ANY numbers you do not know or suspect is her. Most importantly document everything. When you go in to court have all that documentation right in front of you so when the judge asks you a question or she says something that is untrue you have the documentation in front of you. I feel for you I really do. My boyfriends ex wife is going through this with her son's father. Her husband has a restraining order on him. She has custody of the son and the father seems to use this for an excuse to call EVERY DAY 6,7,8 times. She had over 20 messages in 4 days and they are NOT all to call and talk to the boy. She can easily violate that order just by using her child as an excuse so ANY time she contacts you and it either A has nothing to do with the child or B is something that she is just calling to be calling for have her violated. In the case I know about bio-dad isn't even allowed to drive down mom's street or the two side streets unless it is his visitation time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">