• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Age of Consent In PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gemini21

I am a Police Officer in Pennsylvania. I have been researching the age of consent in PA. Its very confusing to myself. It states the legal age of consent is 16. Does this mean that anyone over 16 can consent to sex with a person 16 or older even if the person is not a minor? So in otherwords a 25 year old person can have intercourse with a 17 year old if that person consents and not be prosecuted?

TYRIS

if the statute states sixteen is the age of consent, then anyone sixteen or older can legally consent to have sex with a willing partner as long as the other peson is also sixteen years of age or older. you can also contact your local district attorney's office and they can assist you in the definitions.

TYRIS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">