• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal liability of fraudulent prescriptions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rastaman

What is the name of your state? Virginia
Here is my dilemma, my brother is currently a pharmacist and recently he was forced to resign from his job due to the fact he was caught loaning prescriptions to one female customer over a long period of time. He thought it was odd that she always needed a few pills to "get her by" before she got a prescription from her doctor but he did not realize the full ramifications of his actions. Apparently there were never prescriptions in many of these cases. He has exhibited the symptoms of Asperger's throughout his life (especially the social interaction symptoms) and since he had a good life/career it never came into question. Now his former employer wants to charge him criminally for the prescriptions which could result in prison time even though he has no criminal record. Has anyone ther heard any precedence for anything like this? Shouldn't his employer have some of the responsibilty in the matter for allowing this to go on?

Here is my dilemma,
Your dilemma? Um I am sure you care about your brother, but you are not going to be wearing the orange jumpsuit.

my brother is currently a pharmacist and recently he was forced to resign from his job due to the fact he was caught loaning prescriptions to one female customer over a long period of time.
Good Pharmacy! Bad Brother.

he did not realize the full ramifications of his actions. Apparently there were never prescriptions in many of these cases.
Huh? has he never taken [URL="http://www.uspharmd.com/rxcode.htm"]THIS????[/URL] , Not to mention what the rules of the Pharmacy/store were?

He has exhibited the symptoms of Asperger's throughout his life
If he was not officicaily diagnosed this cannot be of any use. However you opened up a can of worms bringing that up on this forum. Thanks a hellofalot. :mad:

Now his former employer wants to charge him criminally for the prescriptions which could result in prison time
They are obligated to do so, I hope he looks good in orange.

Has anyone ther heard any precedence for anything like this?

What do you mean precedence? Just put in Pharmacy in the search function of this board.

Shouldn't his employer have some of the responsibilty in the matter for allowing this to go on?
What do you mean? It sounds like as soon as they found out, they let him go and now are filing criminal charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">