• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it legal to move on w/o being punished

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wilstyl

What is the name of your state? Missouri

my and my fiance' were robbed while working at a local restaurant over 2 years ago. police asked us to come to the station for a line-up of the suspect, and while there, the police attempted to implicate the 2 of us into the crime. they more or less told us that we had to agree with what they wrote in our statements or we would be incarcerated. we did the best we could to keep the statements truthful but there were still alterations b/c the officers were typing it.

anyway, we now feel that someone may be attempting to subpeona the both of us for a deposition, as i have been receiving business cards from criminal investigator for the public defender. all we want is to forget about the incident and move on. is there any way to avoid this situation, such as refusing being subpeonaed, or any other way to move on ourselves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">